A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Title: Practice Manager – SAP ABAP (M/F) Merck IT.
Your role: This position will be located in Bangalore. As a Practice Manager – SAP ABAP, your role will be a varied one. you’ll have a key position within an SAP Development team that supports business functions using SAP ECC. You’ll manage an SAP development practice and develop a global team of 50 - 100 developers, leads while leading multiple small projects.
- Lead great people - attract top SAP ABAP talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills.
- Deliver the value – Allocation of ABAP resources to the demanding projects and make sure the delivery of solution is of high quality.
- Maintains a respectful work environment to ensure employee retention, development, and a positive environment which maximizes employee strengths and potential.
- Work in an evening shift to cover Europe and Americas timezone.
- Coordinating with the module technical leads to plan for the upcoming projects, demand for ABAP resources.
- Upskill, train, motivate the ABAP resources to keep them ready for challenging assignments.
- Recruit top ABAP latent, conduct interviews with the help of module leads, on boarding and off boarding of internal and external employees.
- Track vacation, work from home (WFH), sick, compensation times, etc.
- Participate in people management tasks like year end appraisals, increments, mid year reviews.
- Capacity planning based on demand and supply of the developers.
- Building the reports on resource allocations, talent pool and updating the leadership with periodical updates.
- Working with external vendors on SoW, tracking the SoW renewals and forecasting of the ABAP demand.
- Plan and execute employee activites with the help of HR team.
Who you are:
- Must have 12+ years of SAP ABAP expertise.
- 5+ Years of SAP ABAP Practice Management experience.
- Strong leadership experience, including managing direct reports, global team, project teams and IT projects/portfolios.
- Experience with best practice project management approaches to ensure team delivers on all project commitments.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience in conducting ABAP interviews, working with recuiters, sourcing the resources from Vendors.
- Must have strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team focused environment across multiple projects.
- Must be willing to work overtime and non-standard shifts when needed.
- A bachelor degree with 16+ years of education.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in SAP ABAP.
- 5 Years experience in managing a large team of 50+ resources.
- At least 2 plus years of project management experience and project management tools.
What we offer: There are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com