A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Site management Analytics is looking for a bench scientist/data scientist with pronounced knowledge and a proven track record in analyzing of mass spectrometry-based proteomic datasets. As an internal service provider, Site management Analytics offers manifold state of the art technologies to support R&D projects within the company.This position requires an individual with outstanding scientific experience as well as excellent communication and collaborative skills. You must be able to work on multiple projects, within dynamic interdisciplinary teams of chemists, biochemists, biologists and informaticians. You will design and implement computational methods for the analysis of mass spectrometry-based proteomic datasets (e.g. localization and pathway analysis). You work closely with researchers in our Healthcare departments to assist them with selection of appropriate methods, use of databases and interpretation of data. You also collaborate with researchers providing proteomics analysis services including presentation of results.
- Ph.D. (preferred degree in Data Science, Biology, Analytical Chemistry, or a related discipline) OR M.S. degree with 4-6 years relevant work experience
- Profound expertise in LC-MS/MS methodologies and data analysis
- Profound knowledge in proteomic bioinformatics, search algorithms, and data processing workflows (e.g. PEAKS Studio, MaxQuant, Perseus, Scaffold). The ability to develop new analyses in R would be desirable
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English, German would be desirable)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at