A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As member of the automation department, you will be in charge of development, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance of all the automated systems piloting our pharmaceutical plant of Corsier-sur-Vevey. You will be trained on the biotechnological manufacturing process and become quickly autonomous on the position’s main responsibilities, from support for the production to the realization of challenging projects, through technical investigations and continuous improvement initiatives. Organized and flexible, you like variety in your daily activities. You will have to collaborate with many colleagues from different services such as engineering, maintenance, production and quality assurance, thus communication is one of your strength. Once operational, you will incorporate an on-call service during a few days a month (driver’s license is mandatory).
- Automation engineer with university degree and at least 5 years of experience in industrial automation
- Experience and strong knowledge of process automation, especially Siemens S7 (hardware, software, troubleshooting) and SCADA systems (Wonderware InTouch, Historian)
- Knowledge of electricity, electronics, computer sciences, instrumentation and field bus (Profibus, Profinet, Foundation Fieldbus, etc.)
- Comfortable with commissioning and troubleshooting of instrumentation, actuators, VSD
- Basic knowledge of Ethernet TCP/IP communication
- Strong experience in project management, and collaboration with subcontractors
- French and English
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical company highly desired
- Knowledge of GAMP and computerized systems validation methodology
- Knowledge of batch systems (ideally Wonderware InBatch)
- Knowledge of virtualization VMWare
- Knowledge of industrial networks (switches configuration)
- Knowledge of other automation systems (DCS Yokogawa, DCS DeltaV, iFix, Texas Instruments PLCs)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.