A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to both external and internal customers, providing them a professional, caring, accurate and efficient response and to guide them to outcomes that assuredly and satisfactorily resolve their needs with a perception of ease. You are tasked with entering, amending and cancelling all prepack orders following customer expectation and instructions regardless of complexity. You also review orders placed electronically and resolve issues delaying the processing. You create and maintain scheduling agreements, reservations and running open order reports, while taking care of all types of incoming requests addressed to the Customer service via phone, fax and email channel e.g. providing documentation and service information as required (CoA, MSDS, delivery time, general info, etc.). You liaise on a daily basis with other departments to obtain information or undertake activity to resolve a customer inquiry or request while providing first level web support to customers, promoting self-service and web solutions. As a customer service representative you receive, process and resolve service complaints by identifying the route cause so that corrective/preventative action can be implemented to improve customer satisfaction. You should also gather and escalate customer feedback to help improve the service provided. You may undertake activities to support sales including; promoting our services and offering, proposing alternate solutions, sharing promotional offers, identifying leads and capturing relevant information to transfer to the relevant internal contact.
Who you are:
- Diploma, national vocational qualification, or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3-4 years professional experience in a customer facing environment, a first experience in chemicals, pharmacy or biochemical is an asset
- Fluent local language (Norwegian) in speech and writing and good listening skills; other Nordic languages a plus
- Business-fluent English conversational and written
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and proficient in preferred language
- Affinity for working with numbers and systems
- Professional telephone manner with good listening skills
- Organized, multitasking, open-minded, works accurately under pressure with attention to detail
- Flexible in a changing environment and able to adjust accordingly and enjoys working in an international team
- A positive outlook on dealing with our important customers and driven by great sensibility for customer satisfaction
- An eye for detail and a strong customer focus make you the best at your work. You’re always looking for a way to optimize customer service and you see yourself as a solution provider to our customers.
- Excellent computer skills with experience on Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SFDC, Experience with Oracle and SAP is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at