A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Direct continuous communication with supervision related to daily assignments.
- Perform PM’s, WO’s and self-management of task.
- Capable of training peers.
- Capable to work rotating shifts or be assigned to off shift.
- Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems.
- Complete assigned work orders or PM’s.
- Participation in the stand by call-in program.
- Successful completion of required training curriculum and compliance.
- Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after-hours duty. Must be able to work independently of supervision on a variety of shifts.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for work related travel.
- Performs work related travel as necessary.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by supervision.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
- Contributes to department goals and objectives.
- Identifies unsafe work conditions and reports them to direct supervision.
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and regulations and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and 6S skills and adhere to good documentation practices
- Good documentation practices.
- Able to direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate process improvement ideas and lead PDSA's.
- Excellent organizational and 5-S skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent self-motivation and productivity skills.
- Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, experience in applicable field. Trade School degree preferred. Licensed Preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related electrical, mechanical maintenance experience.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.