A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise a group's personnel and resources for manufacturing or support manufacturing of chemicals. Develop employee knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities. Coordinate group's efforts to assist meeting department and company objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- This job is Night shift, 12 hour days in a rotating shift model starting Monday evening.
- Expected to arrive at least 30 minutes before shift begins to facilitate communication between shifts.
- Select, train, develop, motivate, and evaluate employees.
- Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Ensure subordinates are trained for the tasks and processing expected.
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example and communication of company values. Quickly resolve personnel conflicts and problems as they arise.
- Ensure skills and knowledge development occurs to allow employees to maximize performance in their current positions. Encourage/assist development toward individual career objectives or potential consistent with company needs. Provide guidance, additional training and development opportunities.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide timely feedback.
- Organizes the group's efforts and oversees production processes.
- Schedule tasks and processes to meet department and company objectives, which include scheduling personnel, equipment, and ordering raw materials.
- Maintain awareness of general area operations to ensure that resources (personnel and facility/equipment) are used towards maximizing our overall effectiveness and provide assistance or guidance, if needed.
- Ensure tasks are completed properly and that processes proceed consistent with operating procedures and quality guidelines.
- Ensure information to effectively perform the group's function is communicated.
- Ensure information is passed on to subordinates in a timely fashion.
- Communicate information to other groups or individuals to ensure company objectives are met.
- Pro-actively review Safety Procedures, MMFs, Operating Procedures, etc. for inconsistencies and errors and modify as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Communicate group's status, data and feedback to management.
- Pro-actively support company and department policy.
- Direct group's effort toward improvement and company goals.
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvements and expand group's abilities through subordinates.
- Encourage collaboration between subordinates and other groups.
- Ensure subordinates know department and company goals and that they assist as possible.
- Ensure interaction between groups is cooperative.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement PDSA's.
- Supervise employees to accomplish all departmental goals and objectives in safe manner and in compliance with all various state, federal and company regulations (OSHA, EPA, FDA, NRC, etc.).
- Create/Maintain positive pro-active approach toward quality compliance and safety.
- Ensure group maintains acceptable housekeeping.
- Report incidents, assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions.
- Ensure work practices are safe and in compliance with company guidelines, industry practice and government regulations.
- Ensure personnel are trained and have access to proper equipment.
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree
- 3+ years of experience in area of supervision
- 3+ years of technical production or R&D experience
- BS in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other life science
- M.S. Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or other life science
- Knowledge in chemistry, biochemistry as it relates to production and analytical methodologies.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation and production equipment.
- Familiarity with ISO, OSHA, EPA, FDA Regulations
- Knowledge of Sigma policies and practices
- Basic economics and business principles
- Technical production and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- People interaction and leadership skills
- Mechanical skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.