A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. The business has a deep expertise in neurology and immunology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology, immunology and autoimmune disease. Reporting to the Head of Global Business Franchise Oncology, the Global Brand Lead for BAVENCIO®, is responsible for BAVENCIO®, a prescription medicine approved for the treatment of metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma and urothelial carcinoma.
The BAVENCIO® Brand Lead will provide strong leadership, and excellent judgment to maximize opportunities, collaborating with cross-functional Country and Global teams, to deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for success. As a member of the Global Business Franchise Team, the Brand Lead ensures marketing strategy and execution to provide integrated content, design, development, and delivery of support to all current and future indications.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Global BAVENCIO® Brand Team by developing and implementing marketing strategies, activities and programs globally that drive exceptional performance through identification and leveraging of patient, customer, market, and medical insights
- Lead plans supporting the global development of BAVENCIO® to prepare the product for launch and contribute to launch execution globally in all applicable indications and strategic initiatives
- Co-lead, along with the Global Head of Development, the internal cross functional and multidisciplinary team consisting of Global Marketing and Sales, Global Communications, Medical Affairs, Global Clinical Development, Market Access and Pricing, Global Business Intelligence, Global Manufacturing and Supply, and Finance in the planning and execution of launches globally.
- Collaborate with Market Access and Pricing for the development and implementation of Payer and Pricing research and successful negotiations of price challenges/changes in the countries
- Develop clear and fully aligned KPI measurement, initiate actionable national and local level opportunity and implement plans and strategies through a thorough understanding of market dynamics, competitive landscapes and future trends, the patient journey, and opportunity assessments
- Work closely with the executive commercial teams for immuno-oncology, regional marketing and other stakeholders to ensure alignment on the translation of strategy into effective promotional programs and tools including leading the awareness and positioning of disease and available treatments
- Drive all brand functions, including but not limited to strategic and tactical planning, Key Opinion Leader strategies, medical education, congress and even management and advocacy
- Lead LCM strategies, including representing US perspective in new product development and expanded
- Work closely with the clinical, commercial, business development organizations, and the global development teams to develop, implement and deliver the designated product lifecycle plans
- Ensure success of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany-Pfizer global alliance by contributing directly as a member in global alliance committees including Joint Commercialization Committee (JCC)
- Provide inspirational leadership and focus to assure delivery of key objectives in a highly dynamic environment
- Apply situational leadership styles to provide appropriate direction and support to direct reports, the function, and cross functional members that focuses efforts on achieving results
- Lead and conduct the performance management and merit process through the year for the team, align on stretch goals, allocate resources, monitor activities and provide coaching feedback
- Coach, manage, and provide individual job enrichment opportunities to direct reports, including supporting the professional development the team, emphasizing teaching and training, while aiming to continuously improve the function
- Ensure all promotion tactics adhere to regulations, requirements and all other relevant federal, state, local, country and international laws and internal operating procedures and branding guidelines
- Mange the global brand marketing team for the development and execution of professional promotions strategy and materials, non-personal promotion strategy and material, medical meeting strategy and materials, advisory boards, advocacy and professional society relationships
- Represent the company in discussion with existing and/or potential partners
- Oversee and have full accountability for budget
- Drive the values of the company culture and support the vision for the immuno-oncology franchise.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred with
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry (15+ years)
- Demonstrated track record of taking products from development to the market and managing the full life cycle
- Minimum of 7 -10 years of pharmaceutical experience in Oncology Brand Marketing, market research, and new product development LCM from development trough launch across multiple regions and countries
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and lead a global launch with multiple filings and indications
- New product and due diligence exposure a plus with familiarity and preferable experience with immune-oncology candidates
- Experience with internal product development, licensing and acquisition and pharmaceutical portfolio reviews is preferred
- Scientific acumen combined with the ability to lead through an in-depth understanding of multiple end markets in both traditional and non-traditional pharmaceuticals
- Experience in the oncology disease state a must
- Successful design and implementation of strategies with an ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to navigate through complex challenges, overcoming areas of ambiguity and deliver well thought out business solutions to seize opportunities for business growth
- Ability to translate concepts and methodologies to multiple countries
- Strong communication skills and an ability to translate complex information into succinct and impactful messages
- Ability to present to all levels of the organizations to individuals and groups as well as respond succinctly and clearly to any questions and challenges while presenting
- Ability to effectively access, interact with, and influence various internal and external audiences as needed to support strategic initiatives, goals and objectives
- Proven ability to effectively and successfully leverage external partnerships
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing strategic internal relationships and stakeholders
- Expert level understanding of the commercial, clinical, and regulatory aspects of business
- Knowledge and application of business planning and leadership principles, such as data analysis, goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Exceptional business acumen, with deep customer insights and grasp of complex analytics required including market planning and business intelligence with a deep understanding of pharmaceutical market dynamics
- Proven ability in developing and leading a global team in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing customer needs
- Effective coach and mentor with an ability to identify opportunities for both individuals and the teams to improve overall effectiveness and quality of work
- Adaptability and ability to shift resources as required to address changing priorities and strategies and demonstrated value-oriented approaches to managing resources through innovative methods
- Strong financial stewardship and budget management
- Expert knowledge of guidelines under which pharmaceutical companies operate (i.e., FDA, PhRMA, OIG, etc.),
- Ability for up to 40% domestic and international travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.