A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Process associate/ Level 2
SAP Position Title: Job Title
Business Unit Name
Position Reports to:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Fulfill customer requests for cross references and tenders from supervisors/ key account managers across Europe
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Retrieve the necessary information for cross references and tenders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilize scientific knowledge, Competitive Intelligence System and available resources to communicate requested information to the customer by email on or before time.
- Recommend products based on customer needs and research interests.
- Do manual searches by understanding appropriate product description of the vendor products and match the technical details from Sigma Aldrich product portfolio.
- Utilize CIS database for individual and batch searches.
- Develop an overall knowledge on the product lines/ categories from Sigma Aldrich product portfolio. Learn an overall knowledge of other related competitor products to enable to effectively cross match the items when needed.
- To learn about the various grades and cross referencing techniques/ To understand Sigma-Aldrich Competitor Cross-Reference Protocol/ Guide and effectively use the knowledge while performing the x-ref tasks.
- Contribute to company/department operations and process improvement efforts.
- Recommend and participate in process improvement studies.
- Actively participate on intra- and inter-departmental teams as assigned.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
UG/PG degree in Molecular biology /Genetics/ Biotechnology
1-2 years in R&D/ Technical services of life science
Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Microsoft office Excel: Intermediate working knowledge in MS excel.
- Technical/ Subject knowledge Biochemistry, Chemistry or Life Science knowledge in areas of expertise: 1) Ability to perform cross referencing/ complete tenders with no external help. 2) Understand the entire process workflow and use the necessary databases and resources
- SAP user knowledge: Must be able to explore more T codes from PRD & PRE for a better outlook to complex inquiries and its impact on the results.
- Knowledge of ISO preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understand the basics and needs of good communication in the process.
- Proficient in Interpersonal skills, Problem solving, Planning & execution
- Basic proficiency in Customer orientation, Business acumen and Leading change.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
Attach a copy of the organization chart including the title of the position this position will report to, peers (other positions that have the same reporting relationship), and the positions that report directly to this position. Indicate the number of people in each subordinate position and the number of people that report to each of them.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at