A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Specialist 1/ Level 4
SAP Position Title: Job Title
Business Unit Name
Position Reports to:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
To answer the technical queries assigned to GSS technical service
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Investigate, Analyse and Retreive technical information and answer customer's technical queries
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide scientific responses to the more difficult questions and solutions to customers’ research problems by utilizing scientific knowledge and available resources, consulting with more experienced scientists when necessary.
- To maintain the image of Sigma-Aldrich as a source of scientific information, to function as a leader in Life Science and High Technology, and to promote our obsession with service.
- Enhance our product information databases by documenting technical information from customer interactions.
- Recommend products based on customer needs and research interests.
- Document product quality issues.
- Document errors and information the responsible department for changes in company electronic and printed publications.
- Document all customer interactions and requests for new products.
- Contribute to company/department operations and process improvement efforts.
- Recommend and participate in process improvement studies.
- Actively participate on intra- and inter-departmental teams as assigned.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
MSc Molecular biology/Organic chemistry/Genetics/ Biotechnology
4-6 years in R&D/ Technical services of life science or chemical industry.
Previous work experience should be from a fast-paced, changing and growing organization
- Technical/ Subject knowledge Biochemistry, Chemistry or Life Science knowledge in areas of expertise: 1) Ability to resolve transactional level email with no external help. 2) Understand the entire process workflow and use the necessary databases and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understand the basics and needs of good communication in the process.
- SAP user knowledge: Must be able to explore more T codes from PRD & PRE for a better outlook to complex inquiries and its impact on the results.
- Microsoft office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel): Basics working knowledge in MS office, Intermediate working knowledge in MS office
- Interpersonal skills. Acts as a resource and role model for others
- Ability to working and participate in a team
- The ability to rapidly and constantly change topics of discussion and levels of communication, be able to multitask.
- Knowledge of ISO preferred.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
This section should be used for specific local requirements or needs.
(Examples include: environmental conditions, physical requirements, signature level, travel etc.)
Expected Proficiency Level
| || || |
Expected Proficiency Level
Attach a copy of the organization chart including the title of the position this position will report to, peers (other positions that have the same reporting relationship), and the positions that report directly to this position. Indicate the number of people in each subordinate position and the number of people that report to each of them.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at