A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Specialist - Product Management Operations
Job Location: Bangalore
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supporting the Global Life Science Reagents and Kits (LSR) division of Research Solutions within Life Sciences Business.
- Total number of employees supervised (in organization): None
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Specialist assists Product Managers, Marketing Managers and Project Managers in execution of New Product Introductions, Marketing plans, Promotional plans, Sales support training and overall Product Life Cycle Management by collaborating with Cross-functional teams using various systems [Corpbase, Grasp and SAP].
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To support all activities related to launching new and growing existing products to meet market needs and revenue forecasts.
- Act as a primary interface with Operational Organizations [Manufacturing, Purchasing, Tech Service, QA, etc]
- Product Life Cycle Management [Margin Analysis, Back Orders, PDs]
- Create new products and update existing ones in the appropriate systems – SAP, Webflow, BPM, Corpbase, Livelink
- Create and maintain appropriate documents and tracking systems for new product introduction and updates to existing products (i.e. product numbers, technical bulletins/product information sheet review, certificate of analysis, certificate of origin, specification review, create product listing on the website)
- Maintain team database and metrics by Creating reports and analyzing data.
- Collect, compile and analyze relevant competitor product information under guidance of product manager.
- Coordinate key customer sampling with product manager and sales force
- Generate and maintain marketing metrics and scorecards
- Generate Business warehouse and other Sales reports needed by Marketing Staff, and other routine sales reports.
- Review and track product inventory/backorder status
- Create new and modify existing SOPs for internal processes and inter departmental functions and assist in new hire training.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Education: Postgraduate in Life Sciences from a reputed University.
At least 3 - 4 years of experience with one or more of the following product development areas: Marketing, R&D, Purchasing, Tech Service, QC, Production or Operations desired.
Technical Skills / Competencies:
Biochemical Knowledge – advanced proficiency and functional command expected.
- Application of core biochemical/physical subject concepts
- Application of core analytical/inorganic chemistry concepts
- Vendor/competitor - Merck data cross matching/referencing
- Product Life Cycle Management
Operational/Backend Process Knowledge – advanced proficiency and functional command.
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities of planning/forecasting, procurement, operations/engineering/warehouse, order desk
- Knowledge of the following concepts: work order/batch order, BOM, overheads, bulk-sku, credit/debit note
- Logical/systemic flow of SO/PO-pick list-invoicing-Interco processes
ERP systems (SAP) and Office 365– advanced proficiency
- Navigating different transaction and screens in SAP with knowledge of what the fields indicate.
- Ability to perform the right search and enter relevant data under correct fields
- Ability to generate/extract reports
- Familiar with internet and e-mail.
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
- Familiar with macro.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Access and Project
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven track record in working with cross-functional teams, strong command of communication and technical writing desired.
- Understanding of technical support, backend processes like planning, forecasting, invoicing and interactions needed to support customer base
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient in Problem solving, Planning & execution and Impactful communication
- Good proficiency in Customer orientation, Business acumen and Leading change.
Some combination of the above may be acceptable
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Since the responsibilities include being involved in frequent calls with the Product management, Project leads and Vendors who are mostly located in the North American and European continent, the work hours would be from 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST, subject to slight modifications based on company policy.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life! Curious?