A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We have a great opportunity available for an Inside Sales Account Manager at our Life Sciences office in Cambridge. Whether you are someone with a scientific background looking to get into sales account management or whether you are an established sales professional this role can provide you with excellent long-term career prospects within the commercial team and throughout the wider organisation.
The Inside Sales Account Manager will be accountable for developing sales with a small group of key customers within a very defined geographical area. The aim will be for the Inside Sales Account Manager to develop lasting relationships and have high quality interactions with key customers to ensure that their needs are met.
- The Inside Sales Account Manager is accountable for the achievement of the sales targets in the assigned territory (defined as a selection of customers) using proactive outbound calls as the most important activity.
- To achieve this, the Inside Sales Account Manager performs among others the following activities:
- Create Territory Plans to plan and prioritize own activity
- Create Account Plans for selected critical customers
- Plan and implement proactive outbound calls to develop and maintain relationship with customers
- Discover and manage opportunities, answer to tenders, take pricing decisions, create and follow up quotations
- Inside Sales Account Manager is also responsible for acquiring and sharing a good understanding of the market and customers, and to forecast sales in their territory regularly or when requested by management
- The job requires teamwork with Field Sales Specialists and Field Account Managers, inside sales specialist, Customer Service, technical service and marketing team to support each other, share market information, ensure good answers to customers and enhance overall customer satisfaction while maintaining a high level of respect for each other’s role and responsibilities.
- A proper and efficient use of SFDC, Redox and different sales analysis tools is required.
- The role involves limited travelling time, for occasional customer visits or meetings.
- A scientific background and/or qualification.
- Experience of sales within the Life Sciences sector is desirable.
- Highly motivated by sales and self-directed.
- Excellent selling skills in a competitive environment.
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong communication (verbal/written), interpersonal, and presentations skills.
We are a company committed to investing in and developing our employees, the career prospects within this role are quite broad and will depend on the individual’s aspirations and their desire to challenge themselves.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at