A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The BioContiunuum™ Platform is part of the BioProcessing team in the Millipore Sigma. We put our customers at the center of everything we do by developing the key enablers for the factory of the future: Process Intensification, Software & Automation (S&A), and Analytics. This is part of our evolution as an organization bringing these capabilities together & leveraging our combined expertise to build the future of integrated solutions for our customers. The Head of Global Process Automation and Delivery is part of the BioContiunuum™ Platform Leadership Team and will help us to successfully orchestrate the changes needed to address our customers’ needs, deliver market-leading growth, and foster collaboration. Our customers require a deep and specialized understanding of our technologies and this new integrated team will help the decision-making process as well as the creation of a more entrepreneurial organization.
Head of Global Process Automation and Delivery is an experienced leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills who provides leadership to the global Software Development & Delivery team with the main responsibilities being:
Agile Transformation & Program Management
- Define, coach, & monitor Scaled Agile Framework implementation into organization
- Deliver roadmaps & tracking of metrics on program delivery, including budget
- Oversee program management of product delivery Agile Release Trains
New Software Development & LCM
- Partner with Product Management teams to deliver prioritized road map of solutions and ensure successful, on time launches
- Integrate DevOps/SysOps work into continuous delivery of solutions
- Attract and retain talent across global Software & Automation team
- Ensure software development is GAMP compliant
Legacy Application Development & LCM
- Support existing control platform for all unit operations; ensuring GAMP compliance
- Create processes and procedures and then execute on for Lifecycle Management
- Provide support for operations organization as needed for legacy product work
- Synthesize the enterprise architecture from innovation and teams
- Generate TOGAF deliverables of architecture
- Communicate & collaborate within the organization, with outside stakeholders, and with others in Life Science
- Collaborate with Customer Engagement group for managing launched products during hyper-care phase post-launch
- Collaborate with all other organizations to ensure customer needs are delivered
- Manage and work with outside integration partners for delivering automation solutions
Who you are:
- B.S. or M.Sc. in Computer Science Engineering/BioSciences/Biotechnology/Bio-engineering related field with Biopharma industrial experience and expertise (> 10 years of experience advantageous)
- MBA preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to deliver the BioContinuum™ Platform message and progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to execute on complex, multi-year programs
- Confidence delivering presentations to all levels in the organization
- Ability to effectively drive change and communicate value of digital transformations
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Bedford, MA
- Ability to work remotely and travel up to 50% of time to our facilities where we have BioContinuum™ Platform team members and customers (mainly US: Boston area, Europe: France & Germany and APAC: India and other global travels expected).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.