A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the Lab technician will perform a variety of tasks to support the laboratory technical staff who are required to characterize a product or material, dose formulation or bio-analytical sample for concentration, stability or other characteristics. The Lab technician will perform tasks as needed to maintain the lab and to support the assays performed in the Analytical Chemistry and Formulation labs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain the lab’s supplies inventory
- Maintain work area and equipment
- Assist with cleaning, testing and calibrating/standardization of lab equipment
- Use and maintain scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems
- Prepare reagents
- Perform routine review and verification of all equipment logs/forms.
- Ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards
- Perform data entry
- Demonstrate consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management and clients (where applicable)
- Ensure that all guidelines are followed with respect to assigned tasks performed in the Analytical Chemistry and Formulation Laboratory.
- Follow SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regard to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility
- Follow GLP, USDA animal welfare act and IACUC standards
- Report to and receive general instructions on new assignments from the Laboratory Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- 1+ year’s work experience
- AA degree in scientific discipline
- Experience working in a laboratory
- Possess the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated experience of close attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Strong oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.