A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- High comfort level in scientific discussions with customers with the main goal of driving the adoption of innovative Chemistry with a secondary focus on Material Science interacting and discussing how products are used in the customer's experiments and collecting objective feedback.
- Be a subject matter expert in chemical synthesis and able to become fully versed and support new product introductions in the adjacent workflows like Material Science, Lead Discovery, and Chemical Biology.
- In coordination with the account manager, assist with support, sales plans and strategies for active and potential business for innovative Chemistry.
- Identify and understand customer’s requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicate these solutions to customers.
- Have intimate knowledge of research applications to position our innovative chemistry offering empowering our customers to solve their challenges.
- Ability to build scientific credibility with customers, the commercial organization, and marketing.
- Deepen and broaden MilliporeSigma customer relationships with key scientific and educational leaders.
- Assist Account Managers with account mapping by having a comprehensive understanding of the customer's research, business initiatives, R&D organizational structure, and new technology evaluation/implementation processes.
- Set-up, coordinate and deliver customer facing technical presentations differentiating the MilliporeSigma offer.
- Tailoring of technical content to the customer.
- Provide support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to account managers and customers.
- Provide knowledge of competition and the current marketplace.
- Partner with Commercial Marketing and Product Management to ensure the successful launch of innovative platforms in Chemistry ensuring commercial success through engagement with the field sales teams and directly with the customer; generation and implementation of materials supporting strategic and tactical sales initiatives.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. degree is preferred or BS degree in chemistry with minimum 3 years of industrial experience or equivalent.
- Prior field Sales, Marketing or Customer experience is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively handle customer problems and support the sales team’s efforts.
- Computer literacy is mandatory (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SalesForce, etc.)
- Strong presentation and selling skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrix environment.
- Rapidly acquire technical knowledge of MilliporeSigma innovations and position them into workflows and technical selling.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals; deliver revenue commitments in accordance with targets.
- High level of curiosity and a positive approach to embracing change.
- Must live within the territory. No relocation packages are available.
- Ability to travel regularly (30-40%), overnight travel is dependent on home location.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.