A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Analyze, specify, configure, test, document, and implement solutions to meet distribution and warehousing business requirements, applying standard functionality whenever possible. Oversee warehouse space utilization and maintain compliance of product storage with safety, regulatory and insurance requirements.
- Total sales revenue supported: $3 million sales daily
- Number of locations responsible for: 1
- Total operating/department budget: $17 million
- Total capital expenditures: $2 million
- Direct reports: 2-4
Essential Job Functions
- Meet with key users to understand requirements, build process maps and/or flows.
- Provide data analysis to assist distribution and warehousing operations or external departments with business decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
- Create reports to support distribution and warehousing operational requirements.
- Perform product slotting and placement in the warehouse to optimize operational efficiency
Design and Configuration
- Build process flows; use standard functionalities whenever possible; create specifications for development; validate specifications with key users, external vendors and IT where applicable; configure system
- Configure warehouse shelving and product storage strategies to ensure compliance with all applicable safety, regulatory and insurance requirements
Testing and Implementation
- Perform unit tests and write technical documentation, ensure knowledge transfer to colleagues
- Lead projects involving safety, process improvement, system enhancements and capital budget initiatives
- Provide support for DC operations. Troubleshoot issues as they arise and analyze DC systems for potential bugs or enhancements. Work with external vendors and IT support to resolve the issues as they arise.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for software and automation in the facility as required.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 plus years work experience in a distribution/project management role.
- Two plus years experience in a distribution or warehousing environment.
- Familiarity with warehouse management system (WMS) concepts and functionality preferred. Two years of leadership experience desired.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Good understanding of business processes in the area of responsibility desirable
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong Excel/Access skills preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours as required including evenings/nights and weekends
General Office Environment: Noise level in office environment is generally quiet.
Distribution/Warehouse Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is regularly required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, abnormally hot or cold.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.