A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Lead liquid manufacturing process scale-up activities including formulation, hydration, mixing, particle synthesis, powder processing, and packaging of liquid media, buffers, and reagents. Generate technical information to support manufacturing improvements, validation studies, and requests from internal and external customers as it applies to technology transfer and scale up activities for liquid media and dry powder media as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technical transfer support including formulation, hydration, mixing, particle synthesis, powder processing, and packaging of liquid media, buffers, and reagents.
- Oversee pilot scale operation and work with other scientists and production staff to successfully complete product scale up and transfer to manufacturing setting.
- Development of process studies including qualification of equipment for validation of mixing and homogeneity of product.
- Conduct experiments to generate data that supports investigations for both internal and external customers.
- Technology Transfer support including documentation development and implementation.
- Maintenance of Technology Transfer Product database(s) and workflow systems.
- Development support for new products.
- Design and conduct experiments as required to support new/custom product applications for both internal and external customers.
- Write protocols and report results of studies conducted.
- Work with Production, Maintenance and QA to ensure existing manufacturing processes remain in control.
- Initiate, propose and implement optimization projects to reduce quality incidents, manufacturing costs, cycle times and/or increase product yield. Develop project justification and capital project proposal when required.
- Takes part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, or related Engineering Discipline and 2+ years in a Manufacturing Environment
- 2+ years of hands-on engineering & validation experience with process equipment.
- 2+ years working with Dry product processing and packaging.
- 3+ years project management experience in managing budgets, scope and project schedules
- Proven ability to lead and participate as part of a team.
- Chemistry or Material Science knowledge
- Quality Engineer certification preferred
- Project management knowledge preferred
- R& D experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective scientific problem-solving skills.
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a productive manner.
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, push, and pull moderate to low weight
- Occasional use of ladders and steps
- Ability to see and hear within normal limits
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and PC
- Ability to operate laboratory apparatus
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Regular presence in laboratory where hazardous chemicals are used
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.