A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position provides ongoing administrative support to the Sheboygan Falls Site Director. The individual in this position will proactively plan for and execute on all of the assigned managers’ administrative needs, providing the highest quality of administrative and project management support for the team with the utmost professionalism and highest customer service, engagement and confidentiality, thereby becoming a trusted member of the function as well as the broader organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains email distribution lists
- Produces and distributes correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Assists in preparation of regularly scheduled reports and site communications
- Researches and creates presentations
- Assists in scheduling and arranging meetings and conferences. Makes travel arrangements when necessary.
- Performs basic office equipment maintenance. Arranges for office equipment servicing.
- Orders and maintains adequate office and department supplies; stocks in the appropriate area and returns damaged supplies.
- Manages Vendor Accounts
- Pays Invoices and resolves accounts payable issues.
- Monitors the work and service of the facilities vendors including cleaning service and vending machines. Resolve any issues with companies and report unresolvable issues to Management.
- Provides general support to visitors & employees
- Leads or assists site committees
- Assists HR with new hires, job fairs, vendor fairs, and ordering supplies
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Impacts team thru accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of their own work.
- Typically reports to Site Director or Manager based on organizational set up.
- Greeting position that will be communicating with individuals internally and externally.
Who You Are
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of Corporate Administrative Assistant experience required.
- 3+ years of experience working with Office 365 applications. (i.e. Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word)
- 2+ years of experience working with Desktop Publishing to create professional publications with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- 3+ years of experience working with Internet application
- 2+ years of experience utilizing general office accounting
- Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant/Professional preferred.
- Executive Assistant experience is preferred.
- Above average attention to detail with strong organizational and planning skills
- Management of time and prioritization of work effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor with an outgoing and friendly personality
- Superior phone skills. Understands features of the phone system to efficiently manage, route and connect calls.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines given frequent interruptions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.