A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position assists Product and Marketing Management to increase sales through management of product throughout the product life cycle using appropriate marketing channels (field sales, internet, direct, OEM and custom). Supports the group’s efforts as assigned to meet the department, strategic business unit and company objectives.
- With direction from Product Management, help manage products and product lines throughout the entire life cycle; New, growth, mature and decline.
- Support customer requirements by providing management of PASS (Pricing, Availability, Service and Selection) for products within assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure timely addition of new products into appropriate business systems; including the collection of product information / documentation and defining product inventory model.
- Manage global change requests for the Product Management group, ensuring accuracy and consistency of product information
- Execute pricing and discount strategies as assigned
- Driving pricing initiatives
- SNOW access and triage
- Coordinate NPI dashboards, tracker, Batchflow/BPM, SAP NEXT Reporting
- Handle general product line inquiries and issues as needed, such as quality notifications, technical service inquiries, production quality issues, product discontinuations, compliance requests, etc.
- Other projects as dictated by Product Support Managers and/or Product Management Teams
- Requires use and/or application of basic principles, theories and concepts. Solves problems that are generally of moderate scope and complexity – follows general instructions on routine work and specific instructions on new assignments.
- Contributions are usually task-related activities Coordinate Product Area projects; in coordination with LSR PMOS Project Manager
- Communicate and Support Project Area strategies, in coordination with Franchise Product Managers or leads
- Coordinate LSR PMOPS Monthly Franchise Reviews and attend Franchise Team Meetings
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- 1+ year(s) previous experience within marketing, sales, technical service, procurement, biology / biochemistry / cell culture, or some combination thereof
- Proficiency in MS Office tools to include: Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio etc.
- Good communication and engagement skills (verbal, written, listening) – ability to work with Marketing, R&D and Operations
- Self-motivated to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Project Management skills are considered a plus
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks on a given time frame
- High level of attention to detail is required – ability to compete tasks right first time
- Adherence to data quality, data governance and master data management practices / principles
- Demonstrates problem solving skills in collaboration with supervisor
- Comprehension of Oracle and SAP ERP systems preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Business Objects and Business Warehouse or other like business supporting systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.