A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Project Manager – End-To-End Solutions
Process Solution Business Unit is searching for its End-To-End promise venture a Project Manager who motivates and inspires others; leads change, has strong business acumen, customer focus, and drives for results to efficiently and effectively bring great customer experience and new sales to the organization. As a Project Manager , you will be working as part of a team in the Global Project Management Organization for End-to-End Solutions. The position will be based in China at our Shanghai facility.
Perform project manager tasks for client studies being performed within Biodevelopment service.
Your Role: This position will report to the Senior Project Manager based in Shanghai.
You will be responsible for managing customer facing projects in all aspects: time, quality and budget. Typical projects include contract development and manufacture of Biomolecules as well as custom solutions or services combining the different expertise capabilities of Merck Millipore. As the main customer interface during the execution of the projects, you will partner with the internal business & technical leaders and will lead internal multi-functional and multi-cultural teams to the successful completion of the projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage multiple projects concurrently through utilization of project management best practices to ensure customer, time, quality, and cost requirements are met.
- Establishes the schedule of each project to ensure timely completion of the project. Communicates effectively with all involved in the project so that all relevant scheduling information is shared. This includes critical path analysis for multi-assay projects and includes providing prioritization at the Operations planning meetings.
- Responsible for hosting internal reviews of the project and should work with other stakeholders in the project to drive reviews with the client if appropriate.
- Utilizes problem solving skills and may rely on lead/manager for additional support
- Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follows applicable safe work practices.
- Work independently with considerable latitude to establish priorities, activities, and specific direction given to the project team toward meeting project completion dates.
- Define and assign roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities to support assigned projects. Initiate and maintain overall project documentation.
- Work within Merck processes and champion these processes within the organization.
- Through collaboration with project team identify project risks, including probability and impact, and develop mitigation and contingency plans to minimize risk impact throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project scope, project specifications, and change control process.
- Actively participates and supports the development / build of the global End-To-End Project Management Organization
- Promotes a climate of positive employee relations by fostering two-way communication and by resolving employee issues in a timely manner.
- B.S. or M.S in the Life Sciences is preferred.
- 2 or more years in a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO/CMO/CTO; Lab and/or QA experience is acceptable.
- Appropriate background and experience for understanding the project content within a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or contract manufacturing /contract services organization. Familiar with biotech manufacturing process.
- Experience managing external client-facing projects is a plus.
- Solid information management (physical and virtual) skills.
- Proven project management skills (e.g., resource planning, schedule management, critical path planning, project team communication, and risk mitigation).
- Knowledge of project management tools and software such as or similar to MS Project, SharePoint, and other collaborative systems.
- Experience demonstrating good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent information management skills
- Good communication with complex information and priorities
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!