A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Plant Controller, Life Science – Biologics Midwest SubCluster, acts as a key member of the MilliporeSigma Operations Controlling team, with primary responsibility for the financial matters that impact the Biologics Midwest Subcluster; including the Biologics Kankakee, Illinois manufacturing site, and support of the St. Louis sites. This position is critical to the Operations business partners of those plants, of Cluster Controlling, and of Life Science Controlling. This position will be located in St. Louis, Missouri within the MilliporeSigma campus.
For the manufacturing plants, the Plant Controller manages all areas of financial responsibility, including but not limited to financial reporting and forecasting, operations analysis, capital expenditure planning, the monthly close process, controlling and compliance for the Biologics Midwest SubCluster.
- Is the principal financial advisor and business partner to operations leaders of the manufacturing plants. Provides financial decision support on a wide scope of operational and strategic matters impacting the achievement of the objectives. Provides all areas of financial support, including but not limited to: financial reporting, accounting, and budgeting; business analysis; and capital planning. Ensures that key drivers of forecast and financial results are understood by management and corporate
- Provides management reporting to plant operations and corporate leadership with timely reports on financial results and related business insights. Develops and reports on performance metrics as required. These metrics should allow for the measurement of progress on programs that are consistent with the strategic direction of Life Science. Reports in a manner that meets business information needs, while meeting the company standards for process, timing, and format.
- Uses fact-based analysis and business judgment to proactively identify and communicate areas for operational and financial improvement within the plant operations. Partners with Operations on initiatives that improve operating and financial performance. Plays a leadership role in making Operations more efficient and effective.
- Prepares the financial budget and provides Business, Operations, and Cluster leadership, with timely, high-quality business forecasts and related business insights. Develops plant forecasts, and provides transparency into business drivers, risks and opportunities. Proactively identifies and communicates areas for operational and financial improvement within the function and operations.
- Partners with Operations to develop appropriate standard product costs in accordance with company guidelines and leads effort to evaluate/establish appropriate levels of inventory reserves for defined area of responsibility.
- Performs financial investment analysis (The “Proval”) and contributes to the preparation and workflow of capital (“Capex”) requests and operating investments.
- Ensures the consistent implementation of company accounting policies, with particular attention to areas requiring judgment and estimation.
- Monitors business trends and provides relevant data & analyses; provides fact-based recommendations to Operations and Controlling.
- Occasional travel to the Kankakee, Illinois site will be required.
Who you are:
- Strong business acumen and judgment, and current knowledge of the manufacturing site’s markets/products and industry trends. Able to think strategically in regard to business issues.
- Strong knowledge of local accounting regulations and company accounting policies and practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
- Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills that generate business insights that add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices.
- Beneficial to have SAP and/or Oracle experience; with an ability/eagerness to grasp new systems and applications, as well as to be a site advocate for such.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in a variety of business environments and leadership positions. Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Must be capable of collecting, assimilating and synthesizing relevant business/operating information and data to develop fact-based recommendations and support business decision making.
- Ability to initiate, lead and deliver change in implementing process improvements and cost savings initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent workload prioritization, project management and resource management skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Management and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a global virtual team.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or Life Science production preferred.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated track record of effective performance management and developing staff.
- Excellent communication skills, able to deal with different stakeholders.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Proven track record to work in an international environment.
- Be able to represent and develop company values.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.