A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the company has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in oncology, neurology, fertility, and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Marketing Director for Fertility Strategic & Lifecycle Planning will report to the Vice President, Marketing Lead for Fertility & Endocrinology and will be responsible for development and implementation of the US long range strategy/forecast for Fertility in the US, including 1) lifecycle management 2) market development, and 3) management of the Fertility Technologies strategic and scientific partnership model – in collaboration with the US Medical team and the Global Brand Team. Work closely with the global team to translate global fertility strategy to US long range strategy. Provide input into global lifecycle management activities in collaboration with Medical, regulatory, legal colleagues. Lead market development initiatives to expand the US Fertility market opportunity, including advocacy, public affairs, communications initiatives. Manage evolving Fertility Technologies scientific and strategic partnership model – includes development and management of steering committee, collaboration with operations lead, supervision and direction for technician/embryologist; ongoing c-suite interaction with target partners. Provide market intelligence and customer feedback to global team. Develop relationships with key accounts.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10 to 12 years related marketing experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or equivalent experience in a consumer and/or professional marketing organization with increasing magnitude of responsibility
- Experience managing, leading and developing people preferred
- Experience managing vendors and contractors
- Experience managing a marketing budget
- Previous pharmaceutical sales experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrative creative and innovative strategies for business development
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to actions through team building initiatives
- Leadership skills in a matrix, and/or co-promote environment
- Strong communication skills and an ability to translate medical information into succinct and impactful marketing messages
- Collaborative work style and familiarity with core operating function (sales, marketing, regulatory, legal, medical, global marketing and co-promotion partners)
- Ability to work in a high functioning, fast-paced, global business environment
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and have superior organizational skills
- Able to perform normal and routine office duties
- Willing to travel up to 30%; including some international travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.