A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
You will establish and develop relevant business relationships with assigned key accounts, including individuals in the “C-suite” to help ensure appropriate access to EMD Serono products in the following segments: National Payers, specifically, Prime Therapeutics and Integrated Health Network (IHN’s); Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs); and large hospital systems. You are someone who understands assigned customer segments’ current and future trends and utilizes this knowledge to proactively manage our business. You will develop customer specific strategic account plans in collaboration with key internal cross-functional stakeholders and implements this approved individualized plan of action for business optimization and success. You will challenge the way things are currently done and look at new and innovative ways to accomplish our goals, understanding the environment is evolving and our budgets for programs may not be at the level of our industry peers.
You will take a leadership role in the development, negotiation and management of contracts with assigned key accounts, balancing cost/benefit of contractual discounts, rebates, and allowances; ensuring proper reporting of contractual sales data; maintaining all distribution channels; and coordinating with appropriate internal and external cross-functional channels within EMD Serono.
You will identify and execute program strategies and tactics and ongoing measurement of these programs that will achieve defined program objectives, building strong, collaborative relationships with assigned accounts. You'll work closely with internal therapeutic areas, patient support centers and analytics teams to optimize program objectives and analyzes and monitors IHN segment data to identify critical trends, measure key performance indicators and determine potential gaps and opportunities.
This position requires innovation, creativity and attention to detail. This is a highly visible and entrepreneurial position requiring a great degree of collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Director, Market Access Stakeholders Business Director, this position is a National Accounts customer-facing professional who has experience working in a matrixed environment within a Specialty Pharmaceutical Biotech organizations.
As relationships are established and opportunities identified and agreed upon, you will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining access and reimbursement of EMD Serono products and services while achieving favorable profit margins and formulary positions across all Therapeutic Areas, including Neurology, Oncology, & Fertility/Endocrinology.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ Years US Bio-Pharmaceutical/Health Care sales and account management including:
- 4+ Years direct experience in account management for Integrated Delivery Networks or large hospital systems with demonstration of outstanding results
- Executive and business-to-business selling experience
- Experience negotiating large direct purchase contracts with demonstration of successful results
- Experience in niche market and hyper-competitive environments
- Experience in highly complex sales/distribution/reimbursement channels
- Experience working successfully within a highly matrixed organization
- At least one of the following is required: knowledge of Neurology, Oncology, and / or Fertility products, business and clinical environment
- Strategic Thinker: someone with excellent current knowledge that can anticipate future trends and consequences and creates competitive account specific strategic plans
- Outstanding oral, written and group communication skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent selling and presentation skills
- Exceptional leadership and management skills including demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Ability to access and successfully collaborate with various functional areas and matrix layers to motivate group action and obtain desired results
- Customer focused; Able to establish and develop relationships, deliver presentations, and diplomatically resolve issues
- Position requires mostly domestic travel up to 50% of time (with infrequent international travel a possibility) Could be greater at certain times such as during a product launch or contract negotiations.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.