A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Successful candidate will work in an innovative customer-focused environment as a member of an active, multidisciplinary group responsible for envisioning, design and development of innovative technologies, products and platforms. Responsibilities include participating in product ideation, product design, experimental design and evaluation in support of new product development. Other responsibilities include quality control analysis design, product transfer to manufacturing, routine support to other departments and written/oral communication of developments. The successful candidate will work within a senior technical staff, demonstrate ability to work independently and effectively interface with other groups.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biology or related discipline required
- 4+ years’ experience post Ph.D. with strong working knowledge of protein biochemistry techniques
- 4+ years of experience working in Protein design, expression, purification via multiple expression systems
- 4+ years of experience Directed evolution
- 4+ years of experience Cell culture, Immunocytochemistry, Immunohistochemistry, ELISA
- 4+ years of experience Enzymatic assay techniques with kinetic analysis
- Membrane bound proteins and biomimetic membrane design
- Molecular biology techniques (Next Gen Sequencing)
- Mass spectrometry-based proteomics
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and computer skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.