A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Life Science Research Division of MilliporeSigma Corporation is seeking a Field Application Scientist (FAS) to support its platforms focused on Protein Detection instruments, assays, and software. This position is field-based, supporting a Midwest US territory (N. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin), and would preferably be based in the Chicago area. Ability to travel domestically up to 60%.
This role provides technical pre-sales support to customers adopting, converting to, and/or optimizing/troubleshooting MilliporeSigma platforms, including Luminex and SMCxPro.. Demonstrates products and applications in key accounts and training customers on proper usage of instrumentation, assays and kits. Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to assist customers in optimizing applications, offering solutions to customers.
- Provides post-sales training and troubleshooting support in assay optimization, custom assay development, and new application development, particularly for the SMC platform.
- Conducts customer presentations and seminars on products within instrumentation platform portfolio.
- Works collaboratively with Sales Specialists and account management to identify and qualify leads
- Assists Product Management/R&D in assessing potential applications of company products to fit customer needs. Supports sales in marketing new products and applications through technical seminars, poster sessions, demonstrations, focused sales calls, and thought-leader networking
- Plays a key role in enhancing differentiation of products and services on scientific, technical, and competitive principles.
- Provides feedback on market needs and issues with products and applications to Technical Services, R&D and Product Management.
- Network with key opinion leaders in the key focus product areas.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological/Biomedical Science required
- 2+ years of experience with protein biomarker analysis and assay development
- Masters in Biological/Biomedical Science, or PhD
- FAS, Sales, or Sales Support experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and optimize protocols, prepare scientific documents (white papers, protocols, project work plans)
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to implement and execute successful plans of action that balance activities with customer needs, sales needs, and divisional needs
- Experience with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Strong time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.