A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform assays/testing for a laboratory within Biologics. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. The Associate I (ASI) will perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The ASI is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Additionally, they are required to maintain a thorough understanding of BioReliance services, technical principles and applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision within constraints of lab scheduling.
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity.
- Makes detailed observations and documents results.
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of quality of work.
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures.
- Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT)
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.).
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills.
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management.
- Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data.
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays.
- Assists with revisions to SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned.
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Occasional need for overtime or flexible shifts
- 0-10% Travel
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or other scientific discipline
- Associate’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or other scientific discipline with 4+ years of experience working with laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations
- High School Diploma / GED with 6+ years of experience working with laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations.
- Basic skills in applicable computer programs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.