A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Postdoctoral Scientist will join the Immuno-Oncology Biomarker group and conduct pre-clinical research on exploration of biomarkers that predict therapeutic response as well as biomarkers that monitor pharmacodynamic activity of new/novel pre-clinical or clinical stage immunotherapeutic agents.
Postdoctoral tenure at EMD Serono is for two years, with the option to extend for an additional year. Postdoc salaries are competitive, commensurate with other industry programs. EMD Serono offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes; medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) savings and retirement account plan. Postdocs are also eligible to receive a year bonus based on individual and company performance.
The research scope includes understanding target biology and mechanism of action of experimental immunotherapeutic agents. The opportunity is for a recent PhD scientist who wants to perform immuno-oncology research in pharmaceutical industry setting and contributes to translational and reverse translational research efforts. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to engage in basic scientific inquiry with ground breaking molecules from EMD Serono pipeline that have unique mechanisms of actions.
The responsibilities include:
- Develop innovative in vitro models and assays to understand the mechanisms of response and/or resistance to immuno-oncology therapeutics in the EMD Serono portfolio and enable discovery and validation of biomarkers for these programs.
- Design and execute experiments based on drug target biology in human and in pre-clinical animal models to uncover pharmacodynamic biomarkers.
- Collaborate with internal scientists to accomplish assigned or self-developed research projects.
- Write scientific reports such as publications in peer-reviewed journal and patent applications.
- Present data, conclusions, and future plans internally as well as at external conferences.
Who you are:
- 3 years research experience in Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Cancer Biology or other related Scientific discipline
- Research experience using in vitro immune modeling systems, tumor and immune cell interaction, or tumor explant platforms that are relevant to tumor immune microenvironment
- Proficiency in at least one of the immune profiling technologies such as multi-color flow cytometry or mass cytometry (CyTOF), multiplex immunofluorescence, imaging mass cytometry, and next generation sequencing,
- Excellent communication skills evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals as well as presentations at scientific meetings.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, flexible, and team-oriented environment
- Experience in immune checkpoints and tumor immune suppressor biology preferred, and knowledge in bioinformatic data analysis is a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.