A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: As an Associate Scientist I (AS1) you will be responsible for the performance of routine GLP/GMP studies as required. The post holder will also maintain good housekeeping, equipment maintenance and stock control to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories.
Who you are:
- Works within the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and relevant compliance regulations to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards
- Maintains Laboratory SOP books ensuring removal of superseded versions (where appropriate)
- Performs routine peer review of raw data records as required
- Maintains stock control in the laboratory and order consumables and reagents through i-procurement
- Informs relevant personnel immediately when any deviation has occurred during routine testing and acts according to instruction to raise a deviation
- Carries out housekeeping and equipment checks as appropriate to ensure that laboratory compliance is maintained at all times
- Proactively implements improvements to laboratory processes and procedures in accordance with 5S principles
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment at all times by not only complying with but actively embracing health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of yourself and others within the workplace
- Actively maintains a clean, tidy and safe work environment
- Previous experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a contract testing laboratory environment would be beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) would be advantageous
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job
- Computer literacy and entry of data into databases
- Ability to complete documentation (both handwritten and electronic) neatly and accurately
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at