A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
A great opportunity to join our Medical team in English and Portuguese Speaking Africa (EPA). As a Medical Manager you will be responsible for providing an accurate and evidence-based response to queries for Medical Information, ensure Medical Information is delivered in a manner that is compliant with all relevant compliance policies and Provide medical expertise and scientific support to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
You will also provide your input and execution of regional medical affairs strategic and tactic plan and support implementation of commercial strategies. This role includes reviewing and approving promotional and non-promotional material within agreed timelines, providing disease and product training as needed to internal and external stakeholders and ensuring that training and development is of a high standard and aligned to the needs of the business.
As a Medical Manager, you will be responsible for optimal deployment of assigned budgets, establishing and managing scientific/clinical relations with KTL’s, plus communicating trends and innovations identified in the market. Adding to that you will set objectives, manage and evaluate performance of direct reports and manage sponsorship requests by HCP’s, patients and other stakeholders.
You will embrace patient-centric healthcare by engaging and partnering with a broader range of healthcare stakeholders to more fully understand the different needs of patients in order to provide tangible value to patients, facilitate coordination and integration of different medical data and types of knowledge in the company and achieve external recognition for providing credible and unbiased medical information. And also develop, submit and maintain relevant documentation for clinical projects under responsibility.
Who you are:
• Experience in leveraging medical science in order to maximize benefits for patients, healthcare systems and value for our stakeholders by delivering best in class data and competitive insights to profile and position Merck’s products for safe and appropriate use.
• Pharmaceutical Experience is a must.
• To input and execute the country medical affairs strategic plan (CMASP).
• Delegated Responsibilities - Responsible for determination of and management of the budgets relevant to the supported BU’s and projects under responsibility.
• Manage patient support programs in line with local and global compliance requirements.
• Ensure all internal and external compliance standards are met.
• Valid driver's license and open to local and international travel
• Priority will be given to EE candidates
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com