A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Discovery & Development Technologies Organization is offering a postdoctoral researcher position in the field of cellular pharmacology, with a specific interest on phenotypic- and co-culture assay platforms. You will be responsible for setting up new disease-relevant assay systems and validating these assay systems using appropriate molecules. The validated models will be used for the identification and characterization of novel pharmaceutically active molecules. Your tasks include planning and conducting of experimental work, analysis and interpretation of results and their communication in oral and written form. Within cross-functional drug discovery project teams you will act as a research expert, representing our organization.
The position is limited to 3 years.
- PhD in Cellular biology, pharmacology or other related biological sciences
- Experienced in establishing and optimization of phenotypic assays and 2D-/3D-/co-culture assays for identification/characterization of small molecules and biological entities.
- Strong background in (cellular) Pharmacology, knowledge in immunology/immuno-oncology/oncology preferable.
- Experienced in high-throughput microscopy, preferably confocal, and image analysis
- Highly motivated, research-oriented with a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluent in English.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at