A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Round Rock site manufactures high quality quantitative chemical reference standards for clinical, forensic/toxicology, pharmaceuticals, health, and environmental applications. The Analytical Quality Control Department is responsible for testing and certification of raw materials, intermediates, catalog and new products, stability and retest program, custom products, custom analytical services and analytical services for internal departments.
As a Senior Scientist in the Analytical Quality Control Department you will be part of a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team. You will be responsible for method development and validation for the Reference Material pipeline. You will work closely with the innovation, new product & production teams on multiple aspects of product design, development, and stability, design documentation, methods, validation, and tech transfer from Innovations to Analytical Quality Control.
- Hearing, vision within normal limits.
- May sit at PC for periods of time.
- May stand working at a bench for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting to 20 lbs.
Who you are: The successful candidate must be independent, driven, self-motivated to learn new techniques, and be able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact and collaborate with peers are critical to success in this role.
- MS/BS with minimum 3+ years relevant experience; in analytical, organic, bioorganic or pharmaceutical fields.
- Multi-year experience in NMR Spectroscopy, or QNMR is desired, method development, validation and analysis, broad analytical chemistry, and product development required. Experience with clinical/bioanalytical methods and working in a GMP or quality regulated environment preferred.
- Laboratory Environment Requirements: Work is performed in a chemical manufacturing facility requiring handling of various chemicals including organic, inorganic, volatiles, acids, bases, and biological matrices e.g. serum, urine etc.
- Experience with routine use of engineering controls including fume hoods and glove boxes.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.