A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: The MSL Director, Northeast, Oncology, US Medical Affairs is responsible for working closely with the Vice President, Field Medical & Customer Excellence, the Head, Oncology, US Medical Affairs, US Field Medical Team and Medical Directors to build, monitor, track, manage, and assist with the implementation of the US Medical Affairs strategic initiatives and MSL activities for EMD Serono’s US Medical Affairs Oncology. Work closely with Medical Directors and cross-functionally with Medical Excellence, Drug Safety, Regulatory, Legal and Finance to develop, deliver and align strategic plans and tactics for Oncology. Responsible for planning, strategy, tactics, operations, activities, and tracking (milestones and budget) of MSL team. This role requires close collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives of US Medical Affairs, with US Medical Functions, Global Medical Affairs and Development, as well as strategic partners. Strong preference to candidates who live in Boston or New York City area.
Who you are:
- Advanced degree: M.D., D.O., Ph.D., Pharm.D., etc. required
- English language proficiency
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial responsibilities in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, preference as an MSL Director and/or Associate Director
- Prior experience of at least 3 years in Medical Affairs required
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-marketing environment for pharmaceuticals including post-marketing clinical studies and medical affairs strategic initiatives
- Excellent management, teamwork, communication and presentation skills and solid experience in developing strategic plans and oversight processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Experience in developing and leading teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing needs
- Experience in working in an environment that integrates all business unit functions
- Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated quantitatively and qualitatively
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Possess strong budget experience and knowledge
- Normal and routine office duties
- Able to travel 40%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.