A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The HIV Key Account Manager (KAM) is a member of the US Endocrinology Therapeutic Area which includes oversight of the following marketed brand: Serostim® indicated for the treatment of HIV patients with wasting or cachexia to increase lean body mass and body weight and improve physical endurance. The HIV KAM is as full-time position managing sales at the territory and area level in order to deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for revenue growth and profitability by executing brand objectives through innovative strategies, excellence in customer engagement and rigorous account planning. Play a key role as a member of a high performing team including Marketing, Strategic Alliances, MACS, and Medical in order to manage sales at the territory and area level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This full-time position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono. Position entails domestic travel up to 60% within the Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, and Kansas territory.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry
- 1+ years’ experience in HIV, Endocrinology, and/or Specialty Biologics markets required
- A valid and active driver’s license is required for this position
- Located in New Orleans or Baton Rouge is highly preferred
- Advanced degree desired in scientific or clinical field preferred
- Experience with payer or prior authorization experience
- Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems including prior authorization pull through strategies highly desirable
- Customer oriented
- Deep understanding of the landscape and market place is highly desired
- Must have compassion for patients living with HIV/AIDS
- Strong sales, time management and administrative skills
- Minimum of intermediate level computer skills (MS Office products) required. Ability to quickly grasp and implement business objectives and manage resource allocation
- Success record for driving and maintaining strong results
- Strong analytical skills to understand and adjust to trends and market dynamics
- Ability to plan and execute in efficient manner (i.e. expense reporting, sales analytics reports and project work)
- Achieve territory and area sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and TA guidelines, KAM core competencies, and Pharma guidelines.
- Create and executes territory and area key account plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth. Maintains a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to accomplish territory objectives including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists.
- Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs.
- Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and pharmaceutical and promotional guidelines including but not limited to those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA.
- Demonstrates strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans
- Develop and maintains strong working relationships with the HIV medical community, with a high science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge and relationships with decision makers in the reimbursement and managed health care area as appropriate
- Plans, organizes and delivers effective and approved presentations to prescribers, key intermediaries and AIDS Service Organization (ASO’s) to inform on product and disease state
- Plan and execute strategic territory and area Key Account plans consistently, utilizing approved tactics aligned to key company messages and sales including the total office call
- Develop and maintain a collaborative approach with peers and teammates, such as Marketing, Sales, Medical Operations, Training, MACS, and Reimbursement Specialists.
- Seek out, establish and maintain an excellent level of communication with regional Endocrinology management.
- Actively participate in presentations and discussions during Area and/or Regional Meetings.
- Influence, guide and support peers in achievement of their individual territory goals.
- Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of KAM role. Recognize and demonstrate sensitivity to and maintain a level of confidentiality as required both internally and externally. Maintain a professional demeanor consistent with EMD Serono pharmaceutical sales philosophy, protocols and guidelines. Maintain an excellent level of home office and regional interaction necessary to effectively seize external (i.e.: Sales) and internal (i.e., process improvement) opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership with peer groups and management helping to propagate a single (ONE) team approach to the business.
- Manage the territory budget and accurately report budget activity to Area/Regional management
Timely completion of administrative duties and responsibilities (i.e. call reports, expense reports, compliance courses and communications)
- Maintain a demeanor of self-awareness and accountability proven by being open to receiving and providing feedback (verbal and/or written) when appropriate
EMD SERONO CORE COMPETENCIES
- Able to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and must thrive on challenge
- Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results
- Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish goals
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Ability to display personal leadership and accountability amongst peers, direct manager and internal support partners Personal level of accountability and ownership of results
- Demonstration of ability to build and maintain relationships with external customers and internal partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as demonstrated by:
- Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish goals.
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action
- Ability to translate medical information and complicated scientific and clinical disease states into succinct and impactful messages
- Ability to present to all levels of the organizations and to individuals and groups as well as respond succinctly and clearly to any questions
- Ability to continuously demonstrate company core values including transparency, courage and respect
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to lead and manage change
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, process and communicate complex product, disease and market place knowledge
- Results-oriented, with a proven track record of sales success
- Purposeful: capturing the meaning of our work at EMD Serono, following our mission to improve people’s lives and adhere to ethical behavior
- Future-Oriented: continuously seeking best-practice solutions and embracing opportunities of new technologies to shape the future of our business
- Innovative: continuously experimenting and driving change initiatives
- Results Driven: setting oneself and others stretch performance targets, as well as establishing a feedback culture and taking responsibility
- Collaborative: working together across departments and geographies, encouraging team-work that respects diverse backgrounds and cultural differences
- Empowering: unfolding potential in self and others by providing guidance, driving personal development, and sharing enthusiasm
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.