A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Tax Lead for the development and implementation of the Company’s federal tax strategy, compliance with federal tax filing requirements, application of tax accounting for financial reporting and consultative support and liaison for specialized tax matters. Provides technical tax expertise relative to federal income tax compliance to ensure full compliance with all US federal income tax laws. Demonstrates a strong working knowledge in tax accounting principles and concepts and applies those concepts for financial reporting. Leads federal income tax planning projects by managing people and projects through to completion.
- Manages federal income tax compliance with the objective to ensure full compliance with all U.S. federal income tax laws and participate in planning efforts to minimize the Company’s tax burden. Duties include preparation and review of all aspects of the U.S. federal consolidated corporate income tax return and all other domestic filings.
- Responsible for proper financial statement accounting, reporting and forecasting. Strong knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting standards in the context of a complex multinational corporation is required. A good working knowledge of IFRS accounting concepts is a plus. Must have familiarity with automated tax provision systems such as One Source, Corptax, etc. Serves as the primary interface with the Company’s attest firm and accounting team. Provides appropriate business insights into drivers of results and forecast. Complies with the corporate standards for process, timing and format.
- Engages in tax planning and developing strategies for U.S. domestic tax issues. Responsible for monitoring pending tax legislation and tax law changes. Anticipates and understands the impact of such changes on the Company’s tax positions and provides guidance on specific tax policies including the implementation of new or revised tax standards or rules.
- Acts as the principal interface for internal management, external agencies such as the Internal Revenue Service, and other business partners in matters related to domestic tax. Duties include researching, analyzing and presenting results to appropriate sectors as well as providing guidance on specific tax policies including the implementation of new or revised tax standards or rules.
- Main liaison and negotiator relative to the Internal Revenue Service audits of the Company’s tax return. Conducts and manages all aspects of the audit including necessary planning, information gathering and negotiations inherent in this activity. Anticipates and manages tax controversies, applies appropriate practice and procedures and employs various alternative resolution methodologies.
- Recognizes the importance of process improvements and implements them through streamlining processes and leveraging systems and tools. Initiatives include optimizing tax software solutions for tax return preparation, tax accounting and reporting and identifying and implementing automation strategies.
- Serves as a key advisor for tax in merger and acquisition activities of the Company for due diligence and integration initiatives. Analyzes historical tax returns, financial statements and current and deferred income tax positions to identify tax risks and opportunities associated with a contemplated transaction.
- Executes proper documentation and processes to ensure internal financial controls in the U.S. federal tax compliance aspects of the tax function. Assesses and maintains proper internal controls across key processes to ensure adequacy of controls and to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Assists the Senior Global Tax Management with special projects related to U.S. federal income tax policy.
- Has well rounded communication skills with the ability and comfort to work in a team environment and interface with senior level personnel as well as staff members.
- Supervises and manages assigned staff to execute tax strategy and compliance in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Who you are:
Over 15 years of professional experience of relevant experience with demonstrated success in a variety of business environments and leadership positions. Requires senior knowledge and experience in the tax accounting and reporting discipline to apply principles and concepts required. Attorney, CPA or appropriate corporate experience with a Masters in Taxation preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.