A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Responsible for understanding and defining Clinical Testing Labs and Medical Device Manufacturer customers. Develop value chains for these customers and serve as global “market segment champion” and key point person in MilliporeSigma Life Sciences for ‘Clinical Testing and Medical Device Manufacturer’ segments, with deep understanding of mega trends, market forces, industry forces, macro-economic, technology and regulatory trends. Responsible for developing a 5 year customer segment strategy, that targets select sub-segments with a differentiated value proposition, across portfolios and services. Network with a wide range of stakeholders, including Product Management across many Portfolio Units, Sales, Commercial Marketing and MarCom to lead the development of annual segment marketing plans for the Lab Testing and Industrial sales teams in NA, WEU and Asia. Collaborate with industry analyst to create `Clinical Testing Lab and Medical Device segment dashboards, and proactively act upon this information to address opportunities and threats in the market.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Degree in science or engineering strongly preferred; advanced degree desired
- Experience in marketing and/or selling experience in a technical environment strongly preferred; segment specific experience preferred
- Experience in both commercial and operational management desired
- Professional experience in a global environment desired
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Self-starting strategic thinker with demonstrated track record of success in the development and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies
- Ability to build a network of internal and external contacts to help shape point of view; leads through influence
- Solid understanding of customer segmentation & market research
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple problems simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to function in a complex, matrix business environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong persuasive skills
- Comfortable presenting findings, analysis and recommendations to various internal audiences, including at the executive level
- Intellectually curious; able to assimilate a broad base of information to quickly understand customer needs and match those to opportunities and corporate capabilities
- Willingness and ability to work with many environments, hours and cultural areas to accomplish the job
- Travel – minimum of 25% in a global setting
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.