A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are looking for a great data scientist to drive Digital Analytics in our Life Science business. You should be able to recommend design and develop state-of-the-art data-driven analysis using statistical & advanced analytics methodologies to solve business problems.
This is a highly visible role within the group as well as across the department. - You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results. You should be able to thrive in ambiguity - this is a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities.
- Translate business objectives into analytic approaches, and identify data sources to support analysis.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods
- Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
- Analyze data using R, open source packages and commercial/enterprise applications.
- Perform machine learning, Text analytics, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations.
- 4 plus years working in a data-science role.
- Experience executing analyses and communicating results
- 3 plus years working with SQL or similar databases
- Experience in NLP, Machine learning and other such techniques, preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- String communication and presentation skills
- Strong statistical skills in coding in R, Python, Ruby etc…
- Strong Analytical Skills
- SQL or similar databases experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Services preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Comfortable working in an iterative process where incremental results are critical
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com