A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. Millipore Sigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In close partnership with your internal clients, the marketing communication manager for Gene Editing and Novel Modalities will propose, develop, manage, execute, and evaluate global marketing communications tactical campaigns to drive thought leadership and position MilliporeSigma to build product/service awareness, generate leads and contribute directly to revenue.
These marketing campaigns will cover gene editing tools, cell models, and gene and cell therapy. Integrated campaign channels are comprised of (and not limited to): Digital (web content, SEO and SEM), social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, YouTube), trade shows/conferences & events, media relations, print collateral, presentations and paid media (advertising). Can sit in either St. Louis, MO or Bedford, MA.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing and executing marketing communications plans and campaigns for cell and gene therapy [gene editing tools and cell models] segments
- Understanding the voice of customer to contribute to the development of a “discovery to therapy” go-to-market strategy
- Critically reviewing progress against plan to continuously assess success via KPIs
- Strongly aligning with overall strategic marketing efforts and reporting key plans and metrics from campaigns to strategic management.
- Collaborating with cross-functional counterparts (sales, finance, digital, legal, product management) in the development and implementation of marketing communication programs
- Having the ability to professionally write compelling, concise marketing copy for any tactic – with special emphasis on collateral (product ‘sell’ sheets, brochures, social media content and marketing presentations.
Who you are:
- New Business Mindset: Ability to seek out and identify opportunities to provide solutions to customer’s current or future needs; Display entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to explore new ideas and the unknown and visualize what is possible
- Communication & Presentation Skills: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to recognize when, how, and with whom information should be communicated
- Business Savvy: Knowledgeable about all functional elements which are important for business success; understands key economic drivers and their effect on business
- Project Ownership & Management: Ability to take ownership for ensuring the desired outcome of a project and to establish and monitor the project milestones toward the objective
- Organizational integration and engagement: Ability to work in close alignment with scientific-minded professionals from other functions and to influence and engage with others to address issues, resolve conflicts and ensure the best overall outcome, ability to communicate across boundaries, build cross-functional collaboration and influence without direct authority
- Self-motivated and positive outlook: Has a strong desire to drive for / deliver exceptional results, looks for continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a technical or scientific field. Marketing and/or journalism experience a significant plus.
- 5-8+ years of experience in marketing communication in a matrixed environment. Managing direct reports a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in pharma/biopharm/life science sector is preferred. Understanding/experience in the gene therapy /life science sector is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, writing proficiency, demonstrated flexibility and team player approach
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn specific applications related to the role. Experience with Adobe CS a plus, but not required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%, both domestic and international.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.