A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Rockville Facilities support group provides facility, engineering, validation and calibration services to the site. The group is structured to flow activities from one function to the next to provide the best timeline to place equipment into service to support revenue generation.
At MilliporeSigma, the Validation Associate Engineer works with the Validation Senior Engineer and Validation/Calibration Supervisor to provide successful completion of assigned activities.
- The successful execution of validation activities and possible related calibration actions for controlled temperature chambers while meeting regulatory/company requirements per agreed timelines. The execution may require coordination with other Validation/Calibration resources.
- Develop and write IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and final reports for appropriate equipment and systems within the guidelines of internal policies and procedures.
- Present results to program team (multi-disciplinary/cross-departmental). May assist peers in their project load
- While performing this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical equipment, harsh and/or toxic chemicals and biologicals, low levels of radiation, extreme cold (-80C) and noise in access of 100 decibels.
- Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear a hardhat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, and protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Life Sciences or Engineering
- Exposure to a GxP manufacturing/laboratory environment is preferred.
- Validation experience preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of CTU validations/calibrations is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft programs
- Strong oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.