A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is a key contributor for all day-to-day project management activities for multiple assigned projects, from inception through closeout, conducted while embracing an organic culture of project management. this individual manages and coordinates the planning, design, and execution of assigned Facilities Management related projects, including: construction, renovation, and alteration projects; infrastructure projects to support research activities; and facility modernization initiatives. Supervises the day to day operations of core office experience services, including cleaning, cafeteria service, fitness center, and landscaping at regional sites (Billerica and Rockland). Additionally, leverages their superb project management skills to support major company events to ensure positive outcomes for all parties.
- Responsible for managing the construction, renovation, modernization, restoration and physical improvements of new and existing facilities, site structures, furnishings, and core MEP/FP infrastructure.
- Manage core facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual projects including planning, design, execution, handover, and closeout, using consistently applied policies and processes.
- Work with user groups to develop a needs analysis, project design, budget, and project presentation preparation
- Make recommendations on project prioritization and determination of potential funding sources
- Develop project charters, role and responsibility matrices, and communication plans for relevant projects
- Once funded, develop a realistic schedule that meets the needs and abilities of all stakeholders
- Ensure all permitting and code compliance requirements are maintained
- Actively identify, mitigate, and manage all project risk factors
- In collaboration with EHS, monitor vendors for safety compliance
- Facilitate all interdepartmental communication activities and site logistic planning; schedule/chair project meetings
- Conduct pre- and post-occupancy studies to provide quantitative measures of success for applicable projects
- Provide regular reporting to key stakeholders, as required by the complexity level of each project
- Maintain and distribute required project documentation and performance information, including status reports, meeting minutes, schedules, and progress measurements for all assigned projects
- In conjunction with Sr. Project Manager, develop, refine, and maintain meaningful metrics and KPIs, using results to drive continuous improvements
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners, and direct reports
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and while providing best in class services
- Supervise employee-facing services and support flagship events to ensure employees have positive experiences and engagements with the built environment, its core service offerings, and one another by applying hospitality-style mindset to each interaction.
- Be a champion the office experience for employees and visitors
- Chart a course for continuing improvement across all services
- Serve as initial point of contact and go-to resource for employees and visitors on all thing’s office experience related
- Relevant areas of focus are cleaning, mail logistics, café operations, fitness center, landscaping, and other employee-facing amenity services
- Address and remedy operational defects in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Explore/implement new methods and procedures to reduce operational expense and increase level of customer service
- Develop and maintain meaningful metrics and KPIs, using results to drive service level improvements
- Maintain positive vendor relationships, including that of the building management, maintenance, cleaning, and food service vendors
- Be the FM liaison for flagship corporate events at Billerica and Rockland sites
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience working in facility management, real estate or construction environment
- Industry certifications PMP and or CAPM
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.