A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The eCommerce Manager is a key player in driving innovation for the ecommerce businesses in our main historical markets (NA & EU). The candidate will be responsible for the successful implementation and management of Process Solutions eCommerce key projects.
The eCommerce Manager will work with global and local teams to secure resources, identify correct partners to resolve bugs in identifying correct partners, build and execute project plans. This role is highly cross-functional, interacting with many internal teams including eBusiness, eProcurement, Reporting, Marketing, Supply Chain, Pricing, IT, Digital Enhancement, Sales, Technology Management and Customer Relation Management system experts.
This role also has regular contact with third party vendors including order management, payment systems, website platforms and distribution centers. Strong communication, leadership and collaboration skills are key. Additional responsivities include:
- Manages and develops strategic and tactical project plans, maintaining simultaneous work flows for PS eCommerce business
- Liaises with global teams to facilitate and ensure integration of PS portfolio on the eCommerce shop
- Optimize functional specifications for all projects in coordination with key users, especially regarding the product data optimization
- Manages technical resources and/or project management dedicated resources
- Liaise with regional Customer Services teams to adapt processes regarding eCommerce orders and ensure a successful customer ordering experience
- Liaise with Marketing Operation teams and Marketing managers to optimize the communication flow of eCommerce projects to appropriate internal teams
- Identify and implement programs to better identify business seeding opportunities generated from eCommerce sales
- Educate sales teams in benefiting from these eCommerce seeding programs and monitor their successes
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Experience in project management
- Experience with digital and ecommerce teams and workflows
- Knowledge of technical processes such as IT or web development
- Experience of project management tools and processes
- Motivated problem solver who is nimble
- Can respond under pressure and mitigate issues within project development and interpersonally
- Ability to proactively identify hurdles and assesses risk to present possible solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Consistently hits deadlines and achieves original scope of work
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.