A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Director of Asia Pacific Sales will be responsible for driving commercial growth of the rapidly expanding Process Solutions Services (PSS) business in the region. A key member of the PSS AP Senior Leadership Team, they will develop the regional commercial strategy, set sales targets, and guide a team of 6 Account Managers across 4+ countries to execute commercial plans. A leader and mentor, they will work closely with the PSS Leadership Team to shape strategy for our company Biotesting business in Asia Pacific and help build a winning regional PSS team. They will be instrumental in building executive level relationships with key AP clients, as well as with senior Life Science leadership in the Asia Pacific.
- Achieve high double-digit sales growth targets by building and managing regional sales team.
- Design and implement strategic sales plan that expands and solidifies PSS customer base.
- Manage objective setting, coaching, development and performance monitoring of the account managers.
- Provide visibility to the team at regional and global level for their good work, thereby putting a practice of recognition and reward for the sales team.
- Design, tests and implement all sales process improvement and marketing initiatives in the region; disseminate winning practices across sales teams.
- Oversee preparation, issuance and delivery of sales materials and programs.
- Manage a regular cadence of internal meetings and processes to ensure effective and open communications with global PSS marketing and operations teams to drive execution of growth strategy.
- Establish executive level relationships at critical (key) client accounts and guides a global process to support these clients.
- Capture VOC and insights from the sales team to identify local market trends and collaborates with PSS Leadership to translate them into actionable growth opportunities for the business.
- Collaborate with PSS Leadership team to establish regional business strategy, providing commercial inputs for design and execution of investment plans.
- Drive regional business development initiatives, including commercialization of new services and testing of new business models.
- Helps establish a model for a scalable commercial organization in the region, including organizational design, hiring practices and training programs.
- Provide regular (monthly, quarterly and annual) sales to support quarterly and annual planning, analyzes and drives insights for effectiveness of sales methods.
- Develop and manages sales budgets and helps establish regional operating budgets.
- Ensure proactive collaboration between PSS and broader PS teams in the region; identifies and drives specific synergistic targets.
- Promote positive, collaborative relations across the regional and global PSS organization.
- Plan and support public affairs and communication efforts to build profile of PSS business in the region.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in relevant Scientific or Engineering discipline. MBA or equivalent business experience is a plus. At least 8 years’ experience in sales and/or marketing functions.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Strong business sense and Life Science industry experience. Biopharmaceutical or services experience is a plus.
- Proven track record in sales or marketing function, including consistently achieving or exceeding orders and revenue targets.
- Experience of working and managing in a multi-cultural environment.
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!