A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Shift: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 6:00am – 6:30pm
Your role: The operation, monitoring and maintenance of small-scale chemical manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Performs all activities associated with manufacturing of air/moisture sensitive or pyrophoric chemical products.
- Maintains manufacturing parameters within established control limits
- Documents and reports required process data in lab notebooks, batch records and SAP
- Assists in the manufacturing and monitoring of other chemical processes as assigned.
- Cleans and maintains glassware, storage vessels and equipment
- Performs inventory transactions/reporting to ensure accurate receipt of goods and issuance of raw materials
- Adheres to safe chemical handling procedures for pyrophorics and other hazardous materials
- Properly identifies, labels and disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to established procedures and requirements
- Follows company health, safety and environmental policies
- Adheres to company quality procedures and requirements
- Maintains stock of equipment and manufacturing consumables as assigned
- Participates in physical inventories as required
- Undertakes calibration, basic repair and preventive maintenance tasks
- Participates in process hazard evaluations
- Participates in process improvement activities and other special projects as assigned.
- Drafts procedures describing processes and associated manufacturing/operations activities
- Contributes to technical or process investigations and material review board meetings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work in a glove box environment; wear a full-face respirator.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2+ years of experience in an industrial setting
- 2+ years of experience with safety procedures relating to chemical handling.
- Associates degree preferred
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions
- Basic problem-solving abilities.
- Basic PC skills across e-mail, MS Word and Excel.
- Experience or skill in repairing or maintaining equipment.
- Experience utilizing PPE in a chemical handling environment is preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.