A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono, the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is a top US specialty pharmaceutical company continuing to build a leading US oncology organization to support our current PDL-1 immuno-oncology therapy and to prepare for future indications.
This role manages the Patient Support Programs (PSPs) offered by EMD Serono’s Fertility & Endocrinology therapeutic area (TA) and leads the ongoing operations of PSPs that are essential to the long-term success of the TA’s brands (e.g., Gonal-f, Serostim, and Saizen). This role manages the PSP program role and is the single point of contact for all internal and external collaboration with multiple organizations. This individual must demonstrate the skills to autonomously manage PSP operations for Fertility and Endocrinology business. The Associate Director will develop the PSP strategy for FERTENDO and set expectations and alignment with key internal and external stakeholders; this is a critical capability for this position. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders as well as external vendors and patient support partners and manage the day to day operational needs and be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize business needs.
- Responsible for the daily PSP operations, operating expenses, planning, training of the team and managing the interactions between EMD Serono and operations personnel of third-party vendors involved in the reimbursement, distribution, training, and assistance programs of EMD Serono products.
- Must maintain a high level of autonomy while working on daily responsibilities and possess capabilities as well as being able to think strategically to suggest ways to become more efficient on an on-going basis.
- Serves as the main contact for any advanced complaints or advanced questions from callers into the program.
- Ensure needs of the programs and provide appropriate analysis and recommendations.
- Ensure effective communication among interdependent departments within the organization, and provide feedback to Head, Patient Support Program Operations, and other departments on customer needs and expectations and also report on the service levels and efficiency of the department.
- Continually improve on processes to provide the highest level of service to our external and internal customers and vendors interacting with EMD Serono in multiple capacities and through multiple channels of communication.
- Proven success implementing process improvements designed to advance patient access and patient experience.
- Demonstrate Program Management skills to strategically evaluate processes, programs and be able to oversee concepts from conception to tactical execution.
- Must have the ability to build collaboration with all cross functional teams in order to implement program enhancements, create monitoring and tracking reports to evaluate enhancements and work collaboratively with the Head of PSP, and business owners within the Endocrinology therapeutic area.
- Lead execution of duties of PSP strategies as well as must develop short/long term operational strategies to improve ongoing established PSP programs to meet internal objectives of the therapeutic brand.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility to quickly respond to multiple requests in a fast- paced environment.
- Participate as a member of the EMD Serono and external vendor Management Teams.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of all promotion agreement from a customer/PSP perspective.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related discipline
- 8 plus years work experience in patient support program within the healthcare, managed care, insurance or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry is a prerequisite
- Three plus years direct supervisory or management experience is required
- Program Management skills and experience is a prerequisite
- Ability to demonstrate Strategic performance skills
- Functional experience in reimbursement and health care consulting, provider relations, operations, medical marketing, or customer service programs required
- Knowledge of reimbursement, healthcare regulatory or health insurance policies related to pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry
- Understanding of key drivers within the business to drive performance
- Knowledge of copay and assistance foundations
- Experience working with Specialty Pharmacies a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience within the therapeutic area helpful
- Strong computer skills (customer contact databases, Windows, Word)
- Excellent computer literacy (databases, presentation software, financial software, word processing)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills as demonstrated by:
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to actions encouraging teamwork that respects and encourages ideas and collaboration
- Ability to translate complex information into sufficient and impactful messages
- Ability to present to all levels of the organizations and to individuals and groups as well as respond succinctly and clearly to any questions
- Exceptional customer service and telephone skills
- Strong People Management Skills and Business Knowledge
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team building skills with a creative approach.
- Strong Interpersonal and Relationship Management Skills (able to build relationships and network)
- Strong Business analytical skills: to understand and adjust to trends and market dynamics
- Ability to manipulate data to provide necessary analytics
- Ability to quickly grasp and implement business objectives and manage resource allocation
- Ability to continuously demonstrate company core values including transparency, courage and respect
- Self motivated and energetic
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to lead and manage change
- Results oriented with a proven track record of success
- Strong Business analytical skills
- Normal office duties
- Must be flexible in working hours, shift work and weekend shifts may be required
- Travel of about 25% required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.