A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Supervise associate scientists and/or lab technicians in a laboratory within Biologics. The Lab Supervisor will oversee a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety. In addition, the lab supervisor will have staff responsibility for (5-8) associate scientists in the laboratory (provide performance reviews, set goals, approve timecards, assist in career planning and coaching). The lab supervisor will conduct continuous assessment of departmental performance using the weekly metrics and will assist in planning and organizing projects performed in the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for compliance of studies under the principles of GxP.
- If needed, act as the study management/ responsible person on the release of test results in a GMP study.
- Coordinate all activities associated with day to day laboratory operations.
- Ensure the necessary paperwork is received to facilitate on time lab initiation of studies.
- Review study data for accuracy, adherence to compliance and completeness of documentation.
- Conduct thorough scientific investigations to determine the root cause for each deviation and nonconformance. Document all aspects of the investigation in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing.
- Stay current with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
- Periodically evaluate laboratory procedures, system controls and technical documentation such as SOPs and batch records to ensure compliance.
- Manage the use and maintenance of scientific equipment and instrumentation, computer systems; Ensure that they are kept in a calibrated / validated state and part 11 compliant.
- Assist in site visits (Technical and QA), complete client requests and addressing site visit/ audit findings in a timely manner.
- Participate in conference calls and anticipate/ address client questions as appropriate.
- Provide direct supervision to Associate Scientists and/or Laboratory Assistants. Meet with direct reports to set goals, conduct regular one-on-one discussions with employees, ensure development plans are in place for all employees, address personnel issues promptly, interview and hire new candidates and complete performance reviews fairly and on-time.
- Act as point of contact for departmental training, ensuring training modules are up to date and training matrix reflects staff capabilities.
- Participate in division-wide initiatives including Quality systems improvements, trans-divisional SOPs revisions, Lean projects, etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as appropriate or required.
- 0-10% Travel
- Master’s degree in scientific discipline with 2+ years of laboratory experience – or - Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline with 4+ years laboratory experience
- 3+ years of experience with PCR and Q-PCR including troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience as a team lead and/or supervising staff in a GMP laboratory setting
- Working with RNA, sequencing, Southern and Western blotting, restriction enzyme digestion and other relevant molecular biology techniques.
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective supervisory, coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.