A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: EMD Serono a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany; is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, focused on specialty care. The Canadian healthcare commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
This position will provide part-time support to the Communications Manager during a 4 to 5-month internship. This role will support the Corporate Communications team with the execution of internal communications activities.
- Communications Manager
- Head of Communications
- Office Manager
- Other EMD support staff and business functions
- Revitalization of the EMD Serono’s share point Intranet site project
- Support content updates of EMD Serono’s share point Intranet site
- Support the execution of employee town hall meetings, employee events, lunch and learns.
- Support the development of internal videos and articles.
- Support the Corporate Communications team with ongoing projects as required
- Recently graduated or working towards a degree/certificate in public relations, communications or marketing communications
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPENTECIES:
- Understands the basic principles of public relations and corporate communications
- Knowledge of CP style
- Strong project management skills
- Detailed-oriented, with an ability to organize and prioritize
- Knows how to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of assignments
- Knowledge of HTML, SharePoint and Photoshop is an asset
- Fluent in French is an asset
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com