A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a project engineer for a permanent role within the Single Use and Systems R&D group at MilliporeSigma Process Solutions business unit. In this position, the individual will focus primarily on MilliporeSigma’s stage-gate based PDP system (Product Development Process) to commercialize new products for the Bioprocess/Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry. The Project Engineer is responsible for the successful delivery of technical project deliverables from new product conceptualization through product launch. The Project Engineer will interface effectively with other R&D colleagues, Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, Product and Project Management functions and provide technical guidance & leadership on cross functional teams.
- Design, specify, implement and qualify complex state-of-the-art automated systems used in the bioprocessing industry; mixing, filtration, purification, cell culture, etc.
- Partner with hardware and automation vendors to obtain new hardware, develop new prototype designs and integrate hardware components into the automation platform
- Familiarity with a variety of sensor technologies used in the bioprocessing industry with a focus on integration and calibration management
- Act as a technical project manager, manage budget and schedule activities
- Participates in and/or lead technical solution design and the high-level alignment of business goals with technical projects
- Ensures all projects are scoped, built, and delivered within defined timelines and to client’s requirements
- Effectively communicate and present project status to internal and external project team members and stakeholders
- Manage applicable regulatory requirements of automated bioprocessing systems
- 5-20% travel may be required
Who you are:
- 3+ years as an Engineer with expertise in designing, implementing and maintaining automated systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, Computer Science or Bioprocess Engineering, or Life Science/Computer field
- 3+ years of industry experience in industrial process equipment with designing, implementing and supporting automated equipment solutions for complex multidisciplinary problems required.
- Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology industry experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers, vendors and supervisors; ability to give effective presentations using written reports, overhead slides, MS PowerPoint and similar media.
- Leadership abilities and works well in a team environment
- Working knowledge of GAMP lifecycle and quality management processes employed with the Life Science Industry desirable
- Strong teamwork and facilitation skills
- Competent user of MS Office, MS Project, Oracle, CAD and other software tools.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.