A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Work in a research and development (R&D) Team based environment to design new commercial bioassays that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry. Research, design, develop, and implement experimental plans, procedures, and processes that are Molecular Biology based. Optimize processes and meet regulatory requirements. Particular emphasis will be placed on research and design aspect of molecular biology skills. The purpose of this position is to support new R&D efforts for designing new platform technologies in the field of Molecular Biology. This position will also assist in development and commercialization of the new product offerings in the field of Molecular Biology.
- Broad working knowledge of Molecular Biology lab policies and assays
- Capable of developing and executing a broad range of molecular biology protocols. Technical skills should include but are not limited to: Nucleic Acid Extraction techniques, with strong emphasis on standard and real-time PCR technologies (i.e., QPCR & digital PCR), and familiarity with sequencing technologies
- Conduct assigned test procedures independently using laboratory automation
- Advise supervisor of factors that may affect quality and usefulness of data
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment
- Precise lab note-keeping is essential. Maintain laboratory records to GMP/GLP standards. Comply with all cGMP & GLP regulations, utilize correct cGMP & GLP documentation practices
- Performs basic data analysis
- Revise existing assay SOPs, Protocols and Batch Records. Write new SOPs, Protocols, Batch Records and Technical Specifications for assays and equipment.
- Write and/or assist in writing development reports for custom assay development projects.
- Assist in training new staff members
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in experimental design
- Works independently with little to no supervision
- May be a technical lead on studies
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Comply with BioReliance company policy
- Other Tasks as assigned
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or other scientific discipline with 4+ years of laboratory experience -or- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or other in scientific discipline with 6+ years of experience
- 6+ years of experience working with lab policies and assays
- 6+ years of experience working with experimental design
- 6+ years of experience working with molecular biology, especially with extraction methodologies, PCR, and Sequencing based technologies
- Experience working in a regulated environment (GMP/GLP) is desired.
- Experience using laboratory automation is a plus.
- Effective Communicator
- Multi-Tasker who can handle multiple high-complexity projects at one time
- Proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials
- Time management skills and ability to work under minimal supervision
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.