A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Application Architect - Cloud/Saas
Job Location: Electronic City, Bangalore
Build & Develop Solution propose an appropriate operating model, delivery location strategy leveraging organization's assets, intelligent tools, standardized methods, and industrialized processes.
A professional at this position level within the organization has the following responsibilities:
1. Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
2. Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
3. Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Merck, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
4. Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
5. Decisions have a lasting impact on the area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility.
6. Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role
The Solution Architect is responsible for developing and delivering cloud solutions to meet today's high demand in areas such as IoT, advanced analytics, open source, enterprise collaboration, microservices, serverless, etc. The Solution Architects professional implement state-of-the-art, scalable, high-performance solutions that meet the need of today's corporate and emerging digital applications.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Understand business goals and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
• Develop scalable cloud microservices
• Able to demonstrate building well-architected REST APIs using one of the major node.js server frameworks (Sails.js, Express or Restify) or equivalent technology
• Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code
• Ability to manage numerous projects while maintaining a high level of detail
• Diagnose functional issues and take ownership of issue resolution
• Ensure high availability and provide application support to enable 24x7 monitoring
• Mentor and guide junior engineers in the team
• Build and run large scale, distributed, highly-available and fault-tolerant applications in a SaaS environment
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Total of 10+ years of experience
Bachelors and/or master’s in computer science OR related field of study
• Strong hands-on experience in the development of a cloud-based multi-tenant SaaS products
• Experience with building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available and fault-tolerant applications in a SaaS environment
• Excellent architecture and modeling expertise with in-depth understanding of cloud architecture patterns
• 10+ years’ experience with full stack development of Cloud/SaaS Applications
• Experience in full stack development with Node.js/Go/Python, with front-end frameworks (Jquery, Backbone.js/Angular.js/React.js)
• Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Azure, GCP, Heroku is a real plus
• Deep understanding of application security, web applications as well as microservices.
• Deep hands on experience with in-memory, relational and NoSQL databases
- Solution/technical architecture in the cloud
- Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management in the cloud
- IoT/event-driven/microservices in the cloud
- Cloud Workload Migration Automation Tools (i.e. Racemi, Cloud endure, etc.)Cloud provisioning and management (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
Strong candidates will show demonstrated expertise in:
Google Cloud Platform
Kubernetes (GCP/GKE desirable)
Service Mesh (Istio desirable)
API Management (Kong or Apigee desirable)
Working knowledge of git version control
Working knowledge of CI/CD (such as Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Spinnaker)
Functional understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing, firewalling, and network programming.
General understanding of higher level protocols like dns, smtp, ssh, nfs, and http.
Functional understanding of IT monitoring, logging, alerting, and general operations.
Candidates who lack some of the expertise above will be considered if they show experience in related technologies such as:
Kafka (or other Enterprise pub-sub/ESB technology)
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com