A career at MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Flexible Resource Associate Scientist conducts pre-designed assays, makes scientific observations, maintains detailed workbooks and ensures all documentation fulfills generally accepted GLP or GMP industry standards. Functional area and period of deployment to a specific laboratory will be controlled via Sales and Operations Planning process.
Who you are:
An individual able to follow the SOPs, protocols and relevant compliance regulations regarding safety procedures, documentation and scientific responsibility. You can maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s services; independently analyze data, interpret results and advise the supervisor and study director of any factors that may affect quality and usefulness of data.
- Independently conducts assigned test procedures within constraints of lab scheduling
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Exercises judgment and determines appropriate action of known factors that may affect the conduct of the assay
- Ability to work in a dynamic work group and environment
- Ability to accept frequently changing priorities
- Ability to travel 0-10%, work overtime or flexible shifts
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline with 1+ years of working experience
- Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations.
What we offer: At MilliporeSigma, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.