A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a driven, strategic minded individual who has a strong life science technical background combined with experience with the challenges of product positioning and the market development of new products to serve as Product Manager for a World Class Antibody Portfolio and Business Unit in the Life Sciences Industry.
This individual would be part of a global product management team within the larger Protein and Pathway Technologies Franchise, whose mission is to serve the protein-based detection and in vitro assay reagent needs of the Life Science Research Markets. As a member of the Global Product Management function at MilliporeSigma, your role as Product Manager is to act as the frontline manager for his/her responsibility. This includes decision making, reporting, and communication within the role as well as collaboratively working with cross-functional teams that are needed to support the role and the business.
This individual would play a central role in positioning and leveraging both Core capabilities and onboarding key new technologies and products to further the Antibody Portfolio's competitiveness in different customer segments. This role would collaborate closely as a peer among other members of Antibody Product Management and Franchise team and would report to a Senior Lead within the Antibody Business Unit.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biology or related field
- 1+ years of experience in commercial sales and/or marketing
- MS/PhD in a scientific discipline and/or MBA preferred
- Strong demonstrated understanding of marketing concepts such as product life cycle, product positioning, new product development, strategic marketing
- Strong Digital Marketing/eCommerce experience to develop and lead digital strategies for antibody products
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines and to identify strategic opportunities, set aggressive objectives, and drive key business priorities
- Strong demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals and business reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience managing and working with large datasets and strong Microsoft Excel experience with multi-level functions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as a team player and/or independently
- Thorough understanding of antibodies and their applications in life science research
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.