A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Position is located at the Ewing Facility in St. Louis, MO.
Hours: Monday - Thursday from 1:30PM - 12:00AM
As a Packaging Operator 2, you will operate automated and semi-automated filling, capping, and labeling equipment to produce reagents and kits used by research and clinical testing laboratories throughout the world.
- Your work will range from large scale bulk pumping and transfer to small scale bench top filling with a pipette. Many of your products will require filtration and aseptic handling techniques.
- You will utilize protective equipment to handle hazardous and non-hazardous liquids and powders safely.
- Lean Manufacturing and 5S will guide your daily activities.
- You will accurately document your work in accordance with FDA, ISO, and GMP requirements.
- In addition to the day to day production, you will develop and implement process improvements to enhance safety, quality, and efficiency.
- You will share your expertise and experience by training others.
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of Chemical packaging or scientific/laboratory experience required
- 3+ months of experience in an ISO/GMP regulated environment
- Mechanical skills with ability to use pumps, electronic balances, and material handling equipment
- Strong math skills including metrics and conversions
- Ability to train others and work in a team setting
- Good time management/organizational skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.